Skip to main content

Midsummer Honeysweet - Brainstorm

 As Lynyrd Skynyrd sings in Sweet Home Alabama, "Big wheels keep on turnin / Carry me home to see my kin" which eventually yes, we will be seeing our ancestral kin because that's how time and cycles work.  The Wheel of the Year turns again and we are days away from August 1st - Midsummer and Honeysweet.   I'm both excited and not.  I dunno, every since the 12th the energy's been weird, and I don't know if it means anything yet.  Then again these are interesting times we're living in--an unconstitutional war, ICE killing and kidnapping innocents on the streets, parasitic produce, etc.

Here's a post about cleansing and grounding, which I strongly encourage yall to do.

I'm also not hearing honey bee spirits or The Melissae, which is odd for me this time of the year.  I did purchase a wasp toy from The Dollar Tree though--on a whim.  Wasps are powerful protectors and cursers.  But minus doing omens for Virtual Fire, things are pretty quiet for the most part.  But I have been focusing more on my art than anything--as early readings of 2026 have instructed.  I did finish a Horned Viper Medusa that I started in Fall of 2021.  I won't show Her off here just yet because I'm brainstorming things.

On August 4th, I'll be leading my online grove in a Honeysweet Ritual, anchoring us between earth and our sun, instead of some random other star in the universe.  Our Star wants connection because it is the closest star to us, instead of reaching far beyond.  Honeysweet is 10 days away, plenty of time for awen awen awen...or whatever the Mediterranean word is for inspiration.

Haha, immediately I see Apollo in my mind.

I'll be hosting Virtual Fire's High Day ritual on August 4 at 10 pm on Zoom.

Also I learned that National Honey Bee Day isn't on the same day every year, but on the third Saturday of August.  This year it's on August 15th.

ADHD brain had me leave this post for a few minutes and Apollo is still in my brain.  Normally my Honeysweet focuses on the Melissae--the Bee Entities, Priestess, Dancers--who're in service to many Deities, such as the Minoan Ariadne, the Ephesian Artemis, the Greek Demeter and Persephone.  I've also honored other Bee Deities, like the Baltic Austėja and Bee Keepers, such as the Immortal Norse Beyla and mortals keepers.  

Then, of course, Bee Spirits themselves.  Land Vaettir, I hear.

I'm really feeling Apollo's bright honey rich sunlight.  Sweet words.  Inspiration.  Music.  Prophecy.  I'm seeing Him wearing either cloth or armor of a Bee's stripes in gold.  A cup of honey wine in a clear glass goblet rimmed with gold.  His warm smile and laugh.  

Apollo it is then.

---------

Apollo, Apollo, Apollo.

Face to the Sun.
Trust in Joy.
Follow the Stars and the Bees...

- Priestless Foxlyn