Skip to main content

Heaviness

Oooffff, heavy energy is in the air. I first felt it on the 12th, and it's steadily being getting heavier and heavier. Cleanse and ground, yall. Check your protections. Redo them if you need to. Take care of yourselves and look out for your neighbors and communities.

I took a cleansing shower to rid myself of some of this heavy energy.

In my bathroom I have a large plastic cup dedicated to shower cleansings. I add a pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt and 4 pinches of epsom salt to the cup. Pink for self love and healing and 4 pinches of regular epsom salt for cleansing and the Kindreds Three and the Spirits. I add warm water, swirling the mixture clockwise, and I wait for any Deities to come forward. Majority of the time it's Shiva the Destroyer and Óðinn. Sometimes it may be Eir, Hekate, Sunna, Sister Moon, or an Earth Mother, which for me has been Jörð. Tonight it was Shiva and Óðinn.

Holding the cup up, I asked for Blessings over the water. May it cleanse me of all unwanted and/or unnecessary energies and entities. May it ground me. I ask Them for any additional blessings They feel that I'm in need of.

While the salt dissolves, I look at myself in the mirror and I thank myself--my brain and my body--for all of the good in my life.

Once in the shower, first I anoint my energy centers, or more popularly known as chakras, starting with my root and ending with my crown. Then I pour the cup over my head, seeing the bad and yucky energies (or miasma) flow and go down the drain to be recycled by the Earth Mothers.

Then I continue with my normal shower. Well, somewhat normal. With each new bottle of soap and shampoo, toothpaste, facial wash, and hand soap, too, I charge them with cleansing, grounding, and protective energies, too.

A normal shower for our witchy pagan household!

If you're feeling the energy yuck, cleanse and ground however works for you. I also like to add some pagan music to the ritual, and tonight was a shuffle of Norse music, mostly Heilung and Warduna. Put on your favorite or meaningful jams.

---------

Thank you for you support!

Face to the Sun. Trust in Joy. Follow the Cleansing Waters of Life.

- Priestess Foxlyn