Skip to main content

Happy National Fox Day!

 Awww, a friend got Molly Remer's book Return.  <3

I also saw that September's Animal Ally is the Fox, asking important questions:

  1. Where do I feel safe enough to be more of myself?
  2. Where might I give myself permission not to perform?
  3. Where might I need to shift or change?
  4. Where might I need some energetic camouflage?

Going to break out the tools for these four questions, and ask them for the general HFO community.

Since I don't have a fox deck yet, Fox is going to speak through the Urban Crow Oracle by MJ Cullinane.

  1. "In the shadows" "Among true friends"  "Keyboard"  "Art"  I've drawn Sacred Space.
  2. "Sleep"  "Alone"  I've drawn Growth.  Growth through harsh community/family lessons...at first.  Once you get the hang of it, then there are more opportunities for you.  I'm seeing a both/and here.  You already give yourself permission alone, but also have the bravery to be yourself in action and in rest around others.
  3. "Don't dim your light for others.  Crank that shit up to 11 when you step into a room.  In nature the bright orange both makes the red fox stand out AND blend in.  Be both.  Don't hide for others comfort, only your own--be in control.  But also don't be arrogant and flaunt yourself."  Fox continues, "You are strong, but there are still those who may target you.  Don't shrink from those who'd pressure you to conform, but also be aware of self and surroundings.  You are Fox, but even Fox has predators.  Be smart Fox.  Be cunning Fox.  Read the room, Fox.  Know when to shift and pivot, when to stand out and when to bend shadows."  I have drawn Memory - Do not "forgive and forget".  Forgive if you want, but always remember.  Don't keep secrets to yourself.  Share to protect others.
  4. "Crowded room"  "Overwhelm"  "Forest of Trees Concealment"  "Ask the shadows for help, guidance, teachings.  Ask the Liminal Walkers."  "Borrow darkness."  "Make friends with the shadows."  I have drawn Ghosts - This card says to allow the Shadows of your past visit, but not stay, because they are the past.  I see this as meaning to learn from your past and work to not make the same mistakes and patterns.  
Fox says, "Old foxes are old because of experience.  Some are able to learn from experiences, other die.  Analyze to learn to survive, not to relive and be stuck and become prey.  Self awareness.  Awareness of others and environments.  Rely on all senses, especially smell and hearing.  Know when to hunt and when to hide.  Know when to stand out and when to only observe.  Learn traps and the scent of poison.  Learn shapeshifting--spiritual and mundane.  Learn how to become a Liminal Walker and how to use that in your everyday lives.  Make friends with the silence and the shadows to hunt, to survive, to thrive.  Teach the young ones."

There's more with that last sentence, but it's garbled.  It's like give them the tools and the stories, but don't over protect, otherwise they won't be prepared.  Guide them so they can make decisions so they'll be able to learn from mistakes for their own futures.  But I'm also seeing heroic actions, too.  Accidental deaths.  Murders.  Illness.  Things that are just outside of our control.  

Fox nudges me with their nose, "Give them the tools and the stories.  Some will become old foxes, some won't.  As is the nature of life."

Fox, do you have anything else for us?  "No."

Thank you Fox Spirit for your wisdom.

---------

Thank yall for your support!

Face to the Sun.
Trust in Joy.
Follow Your Senses...

- Priestess Foxlyn