On Thursday, I attended a guided meditation with my friend Hawth Reiter. I've attended many of his dark/new moon with Hekate sessions over the years (Hawth is also who taught me about Anchoring and body scanning. Great teacher, fantastic conduit--check him out, book a session. Highly recommended).
Onto the meditation.
After anchoring, Hawth takes us to a stairwell that lead down into the earth, where you'll find yourself in a cave or a room, then we leave through a door that leads out to a bonfire. Months ago, my cave collapsed, because Hekate was all about me following the Sun and the Moon to do my shadow and light work above ground, so She opened the earth to let Sunna and Sister Moon's light in. I go to a huge hole in the ground, which I usually just jump or climb down into.
That night, I had two options--a pinkish silver grand staircase or old, wet, mossy boulders. I chose the boulders. As I climbed down, I automatically shapeshifted into my Winged Reindeer form (in mythology, apparently its a creature called a peryton). My antlers were fresh from shed velvet and blood, and almost an ivory white.
I was greeted by Bull Elk who bellowed and we gently nuzzled our heads together.
We exited the cave through a simple hide flap (normally it's a tent door, seeing as I didn't have hands, this was more antlered deer friendly, I guess).
At the fire, we were warmly greeted Elen of the Ways who held the sun in Her reindeer antlers.
From the bonfire, me, Bull Elk, and Fox (who came from the fire) followed Elen through the woods. I think Hawth was talking about how Hekate took the form of a young maiden for this journey. I can't remember if it was him or perhaps just an impression of physical transformations taking place. I saw my peryton self in third person, focusing on the age--I was an older cow. Then it focused on my hips and that there was no more fertility for me as I'm going through perimenopause. Hekate was the Maiden and I was...n't quite a crone, but in a state of orderly biological chaos as my reproductive system was changing and my body going with the flow of this transformation--deaths and rebirths. Mother to Crone (well, I'd prefer hag to be honest).
My group stopped and I walked up to a black iron gate where Hekate stood. We had to offer Her something in order to enter the gate. Without hesitation, I offered my life...which I realized She already had. Hekate said that She wanted my Fearless, Shameless Art. I nodded in agreement and went through the gate with my companions already waiting for me on the other side.
We walked to a Crossroads. Hekate and a Hound on one side of me. Elen in front. Bull Elk on the other side. Fox behind me. Two paths opened up: a snowy wintery path to my left and a barren dirt path on my right.
Well, the Reindeer wanted snow, but I had to think which path was what I needed.
Hekate said that I should take the left, like a husky in the snow. This is what my soul needs--Unabashed Joy. She encouraged that I make the art that makes me happy, regardless of what others may think. She said to not think about publishers or the end result. Enjoy the journey.
The tools I needed for this journey were my Ipad, pencil, and my mind.
Peach roses blossomed around Hekate and She said that I already knew what signs to look for.
Elen smiled--She's been my guide for this book for nearly a decade. Keep following Her.
Then it was time to leave. This time, I was gently led by Elen via a bridle, with Bull Elk and Fox behind me. We returned to the bonfire, then me and Bull Elk returned to the former cave. As I climbed up the boulders, I shifted back to me, and returned to my body.
When I opened my eyes, I drew an oracle card:
Meditation to Dig Deep: You know your fears, you know what's holding you back. How can you put them behind you and move forward with clear vision?
Aye, something to meditate and act on indeed!
---------
Thanks for the support!
Face to the Sun.
Trust in Joy.
Follow the Deer Trods...
- Priestess Foxlyn