Oh my Gods, yall, yesterday. Technically the stress started the night before.
My cat is an indoor/outdoor cat. We've tried many times to make her be an indoor cat, but she always always gets out, so we just gave up on that. Every night at 830-9pm she comes in for the night. Well, not Monday night. 1-2 times an hour I'd go outside and hollar for her. There was a time when I heard a meow coming from the van, but there was also a grey and white stray under there (alll night long this cat was in her spot). I couldn't tell if the meow was her voice or his--I didn't know what that tom sounded like.
Around midnight, I really started getting worried. It's not like her at all. Since we brought her inside, she's never spent a night outside.
So I asked my pendulum if she was okay, if she was hurt--pendulum said she was dead!
However, when it comes to death, my pendulums are notoriously wrong about it for some reason. Plus I usually get death warnings in other ways. Like when my mom died, my phone rang and when I looked at the screen I saw the message about her death. When I answered it was either my aunt or my brother with the news.
Instead of accepting that answer, I consulted my cards. I asked them to tell me about my cat. Was she okay? What can you tell me?
The Letter was the Jumper. News was coming. Duh.
I drew The Scythe for grief and shock, which is what I was going through.
I drew The Child for new beginnings and...I can't remember whatever else, I think something about new or stronger friendships.
I drew The Tower, which in the Lenormand deck I have, means Divine Protection and Destiny.
So, overwhelming positive cards.
Yet my brain wanted to catastrophize the many ways that my cat could be dead, dying, or catnapped; as well as the meaning of the cards. I spent a lot of my early morning fighting those thoughts. I went outside searching and calling for her because of them.
I tranced to look for her but was stopped by Freyja--who I was praying to, since She sent me Ventress. Freyja told me to go to sleep. I tried. When I was almost asleep around 2:30-3am, I thought I heard her meow, so I got up and went to the door, realizing that all of the windows were closed and there was no way I could hear her anyway. She wasn't there.
I tranced again and Hermes told me to stop and go to sleep.
Neither deity was sad and the energy wasn't serious, other than Them wanting me to stop catastrophizing and go to sleep. He even suggested that I think about my Fallout fanfiction, which I did. I had to keep reminding myself that my pendulum death predictions are always wrong, that the cards were very positive, and that neither deity had solemn vibes. Before I knew it, my husband was waking me up around 4:30am, saying that the cat was in the van!
She'd been in the van for a little over 12 hours! In the heat! Our van is black and my black cat has thick fur. It was in the high 80s, low 90s on Monday (it cooled when the sun went down, but still hot), which means it's even hotter and stuffier in the van. She shouldn't be alive, much less fine.
Divine Protection. Holy shit.
She was fine. She jumped out of the van, ran to my voice, and was all lovey dovey and acting normal. Her meow was a little deeper...and still is, so that's new. I fed her, gave her room temp water, and treats. She groomed herself, bit the fuck out of my hand, and begged to go back outside. Nope, I kept her inside until the first batch of kids left for school an hour later. Then she came back in an hour after the teens, when it was time for my youngest to leave. And went back out after she ate.
But in the late morning, I let her back in, because it was supposed to rain and I was about to crash I was so exhausted. She just spent 12 hours in a hot van, I didn't want her to then be stranded outside in the rain. I was asleep for a few minutes, when I woke up with her trying to wake me up by making biscuits on my face! Then it started raining and I was out.
I wish i could've gone back to sleep right away and just stayed asleep, but my body was still super stressed and I had diarrhea that lasted the day and most of the evening. The Imodium medicine helped slow it down so I could get some sleep and keep water in my body longer than a few minutes. It didn't stop until later in the evening after I took a bit of THC--not enough to get high, just enough to relax my body. Turns out my body didn't need anti-diarrhea medicine, it needed to relax. I was able to eat a meal and hydrate better.
Ugh, it was a looooooong day. By nightfall I barely had any energy, but the THC was working and the stress diarrhea stopped. I made sure that I was hydrated before sweet sleep took me to dreamland.
Yo.
When I told the kids where she was, Midkid felt so bad because around 4pm, the kids were carrying in groceries, and he saw her jump into the van. But she never goes deeper than the cargo/trunk, and is quick to jump out. He didn't see her and assumed she jumped out. I had to reassure him that it wasn't his fault. It was the cat's fault--if anything she's blaming me, not him. Now we know to check the van before we close it up. Ventress has been learning some harsh lessons about van dangers this year. I hope her curiosity has been satisfied.
Last night before bed, I tranced and just chilled in my astral form on the roof of my house. Hermes showed up and I asked Him WTF with my pendulum and death warnings. He said you know it's wrong, you should know not to ask this tool about death. When I use the pendulum for divination or oracle sessions, it's never wrong. He said that's its strength. Some pendulum users are great with death, some are great with finding lost objects, and some are more attuned to using it for deity spirit communications. Also I have stronger abilities than the simple pendulum. The cards were right. My trances were right. Those are my strengths. Save the pendulum for its strengths.
Really good advice. Thanks Hermes.
I've already thanked and given offerings to Freyja, but Hail Freyja!
---------
Thank yall for your support.
Face to the Sun.
Trust in Joy.
Follow the Foxes and the Bees...
- Priestess Foxlyn