Skip to main content

Tails n Yarn

 Well, guess who's going to be a mermaid for Halloween?  I just pass out candy anyway, so I don't have to worry about walking.  I can slipknot my legs together.  I thought about being a creepy mermaid, like the ones I've been drawing, but since there's a lot of little kids in the neighborhood, I'll be nice and be a pretty one instead.

I've already got my aquamarine long fins and scale print leggings.  Next I'll get or make a mask with a blue veil, and some scale arm sleeves.  The mask and veil I can use for spiritual things, too, should I ever feel inspired to honor some Water Entities (which with my connection to water, I'm surprised that I haven't written a ritual for Them yet!).

I have non-candy options like pencils, fun erasers, stickers, and little toys, and I'm going to do that again, only this year I'm giving away some of the crocheted pouches and toys that never sold--crows, spiders, foxes, ghosties, and pumpkins.  I may make more, too.  

Merfolk energy got me, though.  I've been watching/following actors and tail makers, and researching the training and exercises for my own exercise routines.  Not to become a future actor, but for me own health and fun.  I'm also looking at monofins and fabric tails (silicone tails are really expensive).  I haven't found any within my size or price range, so it's a goal to work towards.  

The belly dancer in me is also really inspired by that merfolk energy.  There's been merfolk inspired costumes and dances.  Been wanting to do my own choreography--nothing fancy or amazing, just something as tribute for the water spirits.

---------

Also I finished my 56inch Spring Equinox Throw! It originally started as a rectangular blanket, but when it was finished, I unraveled it to make a spiral circular blanket for life, death, rebirth--cycles.

Sept 25, 2025

Aug 26 2026
 
In the center is the sun, the sky, a pink and purple flower coming out of the snow, and beneath the snow is the ground and the darkness of the earth.

---------

Thanks for the support!

Face to the Sun.
Trust in Joy.
Follow the Foxes and the Bees...

- Priestess Foxlyn