Skip to main content

Calming Teachings from Chaotic Beings

 I meant to share this earlier this week--this is the omen from Tuesday's ritual--a message that's not just for the attendees, but for anyone who needs it.  Not a big scary serious omen.  The ritual was about new beginnings, as this is a time that many are starting new school year, and others may have new projects--such as one druid's new youtube channel.

The deities who showed up were surprising at first.  Loki, Rán, and Ægir.  Loki, I know, but Ran and Aegir, I don't know too well, never worked with Them before.  I know of Their domains and some stories--both are Ocean Jotuns, married, who have Nine Wave Daughters (who may or may not be Heimdall's mothers) .  I don't know much about Her husband other than His Hall, but I know Ran is associated with drowning, and collects victims in Her net. 

I have met Her once before this ritual. It took me a few moments to connect to the two of Them because I don't already have an existing relationship.  Channeling and possession are easier with entities that I know.  With Loki's presence, clearer messages came.


What's written came from Loki, Ran, and Aegir while the ritual was leading up to the omen. Runes of Protection, Travel, Horse, Teamwork, Community, Family, Rest, Protection.

When someone said Teacher, Freyja popped up as a Seidr teacher for Odin. How Odin was called Ergi (an insult)--a term for males who practiced seidr, since this type of magik was largely associated with women, and therefore inferior. Still He learned, uncaring for insults, growing more and more knowledgeable. 

Bad Ego Death was written next. Not all of your ego is bad, but death to the toxic parts.

I was shown the chaos of a cat chasing a mouse. How the cat stayed focused on the mouse, yet gracefully and quickly pivoted and captured the mouse. The home may be a mess, but the mouse is no longer a threat.  The cat brought order back to the home again. Chaotic, yet for protective reasons. Chaos for order. 

From Ran, I drew Pertho - "the unknown". She said to see it as a rune bag--you ask, but never know what you're going to draw: Pertho--Play, Gambling, Chaos, Order.

From Aegir, I drew Ansuz. Just Breathe through the chaos--it'll settle into order soon. Don't give up.

Willow recorded: "Aegir: How many of you are dealing with back to school. Chaotic at first, as you get into the swing of things and schedule, gets orderly, starts to make sense. Take a look at that and apply it to your own life. Beginnings can be rough and make you want to give up, it's going to get better. 

Rán: perthro as a bag of runes, you reach in, not sure what you are going to pull out. Ansuz, rune of breath, blessings. Just breathe, just breathe through it, it's going to chaotic, a cat butt blocking your notebook, just breathe through it. " (Of course Ventress made her presence and laid down on the notebook--hence cat butt.)

I thought it was interesting that three entities associated with chaos came for this New Beginnings Ritual.  Makes sense--beginnings can be very chaotic, hopefully settling into order.  That chaos isn't necessarily a bad thing, more of a nuisance sometimes.  Confusion.  Lack of knowledge and experience.  Fear, and facing ones fears.  Lack of energy.  Always a teacher.

In my experience, Chaos and Tricksters can teach us how to navigate those chaotic waters.  Teach us how to flow, how to pivot, how to adapt.  A lot of people tend to fear them, fearing that They'll bring more chaos into their lives.  Often those are the people who need the lessons the most.  I certainly did.  I'm grateful to the Tricksters in my life.  Chaos is going to happen in your life--that's just how life is.  I'd personally like to have the tools and experience, than not.  I'd almost rather learn grounding and calming techniques from entities who create the chaos.  It's like that metaphor that some people would prefer a knight to be in dented and dirty armor, than shining armor, because it means one is more experienced.  Often people with experience are going to be more knowledgeable about a situation.  Sometimes the peaceful entities are necessary, and other times the chaotic ones are.  Depends on the person and the situation in terms of who answers.  

I learned the basics of grounding and breath work from peaceful entities like Kuan Yin.  Then when life got chaotic, in came beings like Loki who taught that stuff in different ways.  Or perhaps were like--you got the basics, let's see if you were listening.  Or --cool you can breathe through this kind of stress, now allow me to teach you through this other kind of stress.  Diverse cogs in a machine--each part is different, each part has its own job, all parts are needed to function and thrive.

I also think its interesting that a Deity known for drowning people is talking about breathing.  Perhaps in order to drown, one needs to know about breathing for efficiency?  It's about learning how to breathe through the chaos.

Who can teach you best about navigating chaos than Beings of Chaos?

Then of course They gotta test ya to make sure you're listening and practicing.  Giving you practice so you'll learn and become your own captain through the storm.

---------

Thanks for the support!

Face to the Sun.
Trust in Joy.
Follow the Waves and Breathe...

- Priestess Foxlyn