Rabbit Rabbit!
If you do the Cinnamon Money Door thing, here's your reminder!
August 1, 2026 - Midsummer Honeysweet!
Hail the Melissae!
Hail Bee Entities!
It's finally August, and I'm feelin great. Still can't hear the Bees, but that's fine. Again, the ritual focus this year is going to be on Apollo. I've got a High Day ritual to host in three days and I'm glad to report that I do have inspiration to write it.
We got back from a 6 day family reunion/vacation on Thursday. The hubs side of the family went to the Smoky Mountains, near Pigeon Forge, TN, to a cabin. It was lovely.
16 person cabin for our 21
Well worth the money and the heat. Got to unplug--well, I did, there was a day when everyone was glued to a screen--TV/phone. We paid all that money and traveled all that way just for yall to stare at screens? We had a butt load of table top games, a pool, a hiking trail, a hot tub, an awesome screened-in deck with a beautiful view, attractions near by, and yall just addicted. I'm not one of those people who constantly has to be doing something on a vacation--vacations are for relaxation and fun, but what's the point? Gonna spend all that money for something you can be doing at home?
I purposely don't have social media or games on my phone because I know how I am--a recovering phone addict. I did have my Ipad which is strictly for art, and I had two crochet projects, a book, bananagrams, ear buds, ear plugs, and other things that I use when I'm over stimulated. I am Au-DHD--I need my space. But there were times when everyone would be in one room, not talking to each other or even lookin up--just on their phones or watching TV, making little giggles or grunts every once in a while. It was ridiculous. The Au-DHD person was the one to say something...and ignored.
Well, Loki heard my frustrations and in came a thunderstorm with hail that knocked out the power for a few hours. No service, no internet, nothing--not even AC (we couldn't open the cabin's windows). Even the phone's hotspots struggled.
Divine intervention, baby!
Hubs and I introduced the adults to one of our favorite games that we haven't been able to play for 13 years: Killer Bunnies. Playing in a dark, hot dining room, with cell phone lights, having a great time. The kids ended up playing some other games, too.
Once again, thank you Loki! See? He's not always a shit.
The next day, we went to an attraction called Goats on the Roof. They had a goat petting zoo and goats on the roof of their gift shop. There was also gem mining, an alpine roller coaster, and realistic dinosaurs and mini golf. A little bit of something for everyone--well, the kids...and me. I love goats and dinosaurs.
On Thursday after check out, we surprised our eldest with a trip to the Titanic Museum. It was cool--of course he loved it. He's been a Titanic nerd for 10 years. The Museum was nice, but seeing his excitement--muah! Perfecto!
The ship was massive! When we left at 11:59, the ships horn sounded.
The Smokies didn't have that same pull that the Appalachians do in West Virginia (nor do the Appalachians in Kentucky. There's just something about the VW portion of those mountains), but I still didn't want to leave them.
It was a wonderful, recharging trip. Good family time, great food, I got to camp during in a thunderstorm, I got scared by a possum, one of my fearless nephews saved a harmless silvery snake from the pool, we watched a Red-tailed Hawk successfully hunt and land on a post near the road, and went to two interesting attractions. I also got to practice healing galdr, as my youngest got stung by wasps and my eldest has a nasty poison ivy rash on his leg (dr appt on Tuesday).
We also went to Bucc-ee's--the Walmart of gas stations. It was chaotic, crowded, but the gas station ran smoothly and efficiently. The food and coffee were good, but the non-food items were tacky. Stuff you can buy cheaper from other stores with a beaver's logo slapped on. Dumb. It's definitely an attraction in of itself. Never again, but we can say we went to one. I'd rather see Bucc-ee billboards (and there are a lot) than the hell and damnation ones, though.
Then of course we came home to Jimmy Ventress who missed us and us her! I don't think she's stopped purring since.
Again, I'm feeling good, refreshed, focused, and inspired.
I'm heading off to a Lughnasadh ritual here in a bit. Whatever you may observe this August day, may it be gentle, fruitful, and what you need. I'll do a community reading soon and also post about the ritual for my grove that I'll be doing on the 4th.
Thanks for the support, yall!
Face to the Sun.
Trust in Joy.
Follow the Bees and Breathe...
- Priestess Foxlyn