Today marks 1 year of us bringing Queen Jimmy Ventress inside of our home and lives.
She arrived on July's full moon (9th or 10th) 2025 and decided that she lived here. She was thin, super preggo, and loving. Not shy at all about laying on me and letting the kids and their friends pet her. At one point, Ventress belonged to our Crazy Cat King neighbor next door, who was known for having a bunch of cats indoor and taking care of the ferals and strays. He'd often take in preggo cats and then when the kittens were adults, he'd try to find them homes or release them back outside. According to him, Ventress was about 1-2 years old and an experienced mother.
We started feeding her bone broth and cat food.
July 15, 2025
A friend took her to the Humane Society, where they aborted the litter, spayed, and treated her for fleas and ear mites. We thought she was going to be put up for adoption or stay with a foster. Nope, after a couple of days she was dropped back off. And we were left with a decision...adopt her now that she's flea-free? Could we afford to? Was she litter box trained?
On the 20th, my hubby surprised me with a litter box and cat treats, and she came in the house like she owned the joint. She was box trained, too.
July 26, 2026
For the last year, her name has grown and she's gain many "epithets":
- Miss Thang
- Mama
- Queen
- Queen Ventress
- Mistress Ventress
- Freyja Sent
- Jimmy V/Ventress
- Dame Lady Jimmy V
- La Gata
- Void
- Mouse Slayer
- Pree Girl (pretty girl)
- Pretties Kittiest in the Whole Wide World
- Asshole
- What is Wrong With You?
- Why Are You Like This?
- OUCH!
- No
- Black Hole
- Void Beast
- Clumsy Ass
- Fearless and Clumsy
- Bish
- Cat Thing
- Huntress
- Ye Lit'le Fuckin Beast (English Accent)
- Hel Spawn
Her coat is full and shiny.
She's doubled in size.
Parasite free.
Clear with her boundaries (which we do respect...unless it's flea drop time!).
Loves to sleep in and on boxes.
Loves tuna, hates salmon.
Loves pate and Fancy Feast hard cat food; hates soft chunky cat food.
Is a picky prissy eater.
Hates being picked up.
Is a mouse, frog, and moth killer.
Vicious protector of our home and property.
No matter how hard we try to keep her inside, she gets out.
She hates rain.
Will absolutely steal my water.
I sing to her more than I talk to her.
She's a very healthy and happy cat--always makin them biscuits...preferably on me.
July 20, 2026
Throughout this year, I've also learned that there's a big difference between owning a pet cat and being claimed by a cat. I am her primary human and she simply doesn't give a fuck if I'm hyper focusing. I also think I should've got a cat a long time ago, because although she can frustrate the shit out of me and my Au-DHD, she's helped tremendously with my temper, including the menopausal mood swings. She's just a cat. She can be vindictive, but not like human vindictiveness. A combination of her not giving a shit and also just being a cat. She's not human, she doesn't think and reason like us. She does cat stuff. So there are times when I get so mad at her...but I've gotten good at letting it go. Even if she could understand, I doubt she'd care. Then she rubs up on ya and sleeps on me, and is adorable (that's how they get ya!), and...whatever pissed me off wasn't really that big of deal.
Frustrating at times, yes, but she's helped significantly with my temper and letting stupid shit go. And not just with her, but across the board. The Gods work on their own timing, and maybe I just wasn't ready in the past. I had other shit to work through.
I watched the local cat cloud the other day. The ferals and strays were dirty and scrawny (they are fed, watered, and sheltered by Cat King and other Crazy Cat Folk), and they had each other. For some reason, Ventress traded that cat family for us. She also protects her family from other cats and anything else she perceives as a threat.
Its pretty cool (still gonna work on making her an indoor cat!). So thankful for our Freyja-Sent cat.
Today she got new toys (from the kids) and tuna filet in celebration.
We all love her. We are her cloud.
Thank you, Freyja.
---------
Face to the Sun.
Trust in Joy.
Follow the Cat...
- Priestess Foxlyn