Skip to main content

Blessed Equinox!

 

Happy Equinox, Fall for the Northern Hemisphere and Spring for the Southern Hemisphere!  I just couldn't wait to do my ADF altar up for the new season.  

The altar detail, left to right:

An oak tree coloring page, container of cornmeal offerings, 9 Pagan Virtue study cards,
Dollar Tree pumpkin, lavender cup, kuksa offering cup, and a lil' bottle of silver.

Lavender Cup that represent The Well, a block of wood that represents The Tree, 
Lil bottle of silver beads.  Garanus (Crane) Ada Spirit, Bee Inkwash Sticker by Vanessa Renee, an acorn a stranger gifted to me last year at the Ren Faire, Hestia (Windstone Devotion), a Dollar Tree ceramic pumpkin,
an LED tealight to represent The Fire, and an oath ring.
In the very front, not in picture is my Maple Wood Elen of the Woods Blade (Elen Blade for short) (hand carved by the Mind Body & Spirit owner's husband)

Pumpkin, fox figurine, drinking horn, and my favorite river stone to represent The Mountain.

My Elen of the Ways / Reindeer Mother prayer beads.

Today the family did our Equinox celebrations.  


Apple Pork Loin, with rosemary, thyme, garlic,
honey crisp apples, carrots, salt, pepper, and apple cider vinegar.  (It was fuckin delicious! Even our picky eaters loved it.)
Corn on the Cob
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Icing. 
(Dense but yum!) 


Either tonight or tomorrow night, I'm going to be doing a solo ritual outside for Persephone's Return to the Underworld.  Definitely tomorrow I'm attending Three Cranes Grove's Equinox rite at a favorite park of mine.

I was supposed to go camping this weekend, but affordable places were all booked.  Instead, I'll be camping in my yard, performing my solo ritual in a tent, with LED lanterns.  I also couldn't find a pomegranate, so no cutting into a fruit and eating the 6 seeds as I tend to do for this ritual.  Instead I have pom juice to drink.  Which is fine, just means that instead of inviting Persephone with a kitchen knife, I'll be using my hand sickle--another favorite tool of mine--and perhaps more appropriate.

If you observe, I hope your Equinox celebrations are lovely and insightful.  

Thanks for all the support,
- Priestess Oracle Foxlyn Wren

Comments