Skip to main content

A Lil'Bit of Healing Magick

*** I'm not a medical professional.  Magik isn't meant to be a replacement for medical treatment.  If you need medical help, please seek a doctor or call your emergency number. ***

I use magik alongside my medication/treatments.  You do what is right for you.

-----


*** I've only been studying/practicing the runes for divination and magik for a few years. I still have a lot to learn. I'm an Experiential Witch and Pagan, for the most part, but I've also read many books--academic and not. I've taken courses and workshops, and have been mentored by my Kindreds, too. I have made a lot of mistakes, but also successes. What works for some, doesn't work for all. I do recommend yall study the runes before working with them.***

Simple but powerful healing magik. Try drawing runes/symbols on yourself or over medication, food, drink, ointments, lotions, etc.  If skin-safe, you can draw the runes and symbols with lotions, oils, ointments, ink, paint, etc., using just your finger or a pen or brush.

Runes I usually use are: 
  • Berkana (ber-kah-na) - Rune of Fertility, Regeneration, but also Healing. It's my favorite symbol to use for healing.
  • Laguz (la-gooz) - Rune of Flow. It helps with the flow of energy.
  • Uruz (ooo-roos) - Rune of Strength and Good Health.
  • Kenaz (ken-ahz) - Rune of the Torch. This rune is great for guidance, but I've also used it for purification and cleansing.
  • Sowilo (sew-a-low) - Rune of Victory.
  • Algiz (all-geez) - Protection.

There are other runes, even ones from other divination systems. There are also different ways to pronounce the runes. These are the ways that I learned. 

In terms of combination or formulas to put these runes in, seek a teacher or experiment. I usually start with Algiz and end with Sowilo. I also work better with odd numbers, so if I work with more than one symbol, I try to make a bindrune/stave with 3,7, 9, or 13 runes. I don't usually have to use more than 7--keep it simple. If you can use divination, check with your guides about which symbol to use, organization, and number of runes to use if you're unsure.

9 is a potent number in Norse Magik, because Odin hung Himself over the well for 9 days for the runes; as well as there being 9 worlds, and other 9 things.

Aside from drawing the runes on my skin (or over a tea, etc.), I also practice galdr, which is singing/chanting the runes' names to activate the energy. It's not necessary, but for my type of runic magik it is. I haven't learned the "proper" way of singing the runes, but my way works, too. I just sing the runes name 9 times, while drawing the rune in the air or on my skin. Then I say the rune and the energy/intent one more time.

Or sometimes I may just repeat Berkana over and over. Calmly, slowly, with deep conscious breaths--like a meditation.

Hope this helps!

To learn more about the runes stay the hell away from Stephen Flowers/Edred Thorson, Galina Krasskova, and Freyja Annwynn or however you spell their names.  They're well known bigots and are not the end-all, be all of knowledge.
 
Diana Paxson may or may not be a protector of pedos--use your own discretion with her. Before the recent issue with her, I used her books often for runes and trance-possession.

Honestly, your call with those authors above, too. I don't feel comfortable learning on materials from problematic authors, but everyone's different.

Books that I've used,which shouldn't be problematic are:
  • Chamberlain, Lisa. Runes for Beginners: A Guide to Reading Runes in Divination, Rune Magic, and the Meaning of the Elder Futhark Runes. This is feels more like runes from a Wiccan POV.
  • Mountfort, Paul Rhys. Nordic Runes: Understanding, Casting, and Interpreting the Ancient Viking Oracle. I've studied from this one quite a bit.
  • Smith, Ryan. The Way of Fire and Ice: The Living Tradition of Norse Paganism. Strongly recommend this one.
 If any of the authors above are problematic, please let me know with proof.  Blogspot doesn't always work for comments, you can leave a comment on Instagram.  Thanks.

------------------------------------------

Etsy Sale ends on Sunday August 18th!

---------------------------------------------------------

If you're in Kettering, Ohio on October 6th, come on out
to Polen Farms for Pagan Fest and support local small business!

Thanks for the support!
- Priestess Oracle Kristy "Foxlyn Wren" Tackett

© 2024 Hearth Fox Oracle

Comments