Skip to main content

My August 1st

On August 1st, I celebrate Midsummer and Honeysweet. For me, the First Day of Summer is on the Summer Solstice, so it only makes sense that August 1st would be Midsummer, just as Nov 1st is Midfall, Feb 1st is Midwinter, and May 1st is Midspring.

From My Personal Blog

Just by this screenshot from my Sacred Year, you can tell I'm eclectic af! My holy day rituals are a mixture of entities, because humans like boxes, entities do not give a shit about your limitations, and neither do I. Sometimes a ritual may focus on a specific hearth culture, but often there's a mixture. I've been practicing for 30 years, I've never heard a complaint from my deities--I'm a "godphone", I'd be hearing from Them!

I've been editing my Sacred Year for a long time. Gotta find what works for you--otherwise what's the point? I don't care if my Holy Days are ancient or new, or if I'm alone in celebrating them. They hold meaning to me and they work.

Feel free to edit yours, or get rid of whatever. This isn't a competition, just a personal journey. Make it yours.  How yall do it is how yall do it; what works for some, doesn't work for all.  Do what makes sense to you!

-----------------

Thanks for the years of support!  Remember that I'm deleting my business account from Facebook in early August.  I'm not closing my business, just leaving Facebook, and as of now, I'm not planning on making a new account.  Check my Contacts for news and my actual links.



- Priestess Oracle Kristy "Foxlyn Wren" Tackett

© 2024 Hearth Fox Oracle

Comments