Skip to main content

Blessed Solstice and Strawberry Moon!

 In my family, we celebrate the High Days for three days.  Yesterday we saved a Gray Treefrog from a scorching death, we had Bdubs for dinner, and we caught lightning bugs in the evening.  We have more planned this weekend.

A Gray Treefrog
I didn't know we had Treefrogs in Ohio
This little dude was green with yellow on its legs, and kind of reminded me
of the throw that I'm working on.

I'm also participating in a Make-a-Long in a fiber artist Facebook Group by Devin Hunter and Arin Murphy-Hiscock called Fiber Spirit.  The MAL is focusing on Manifest, thus whatever we're making has to manifest something.  It started yesterday and ends on August 1st.

I got some yarn from a friend a couple of weeks ago and it had 6 crocheted patches in it.  So I made more, with the intention of having Sunna bless it on the Summer Solstice with the overflowing positive energies of joy, good health, and abundance.  Each piece was made with those intentions.  Yesterday, I starting joining those patches together, realizing that I would have to make more patches because the throw was too skinny.

I'm adding white to it, because I don't have the right shades of green.  But white goes with anything, and color magik wise, it's a good substitute for colors you don't have.

As of last year, I've been working on how I speak to myself--my negative self-talk.  I've been working to break that bad habit.  As well as my tendency to catastrophize things.  I've also been working with my Mother Wound.  Healing isn't linear, but for the most part, I've been doing a pretty good job of it.  It's also been helping me to stay consistent in my weight loss journey--at least for me, I've gotta heal my mind to heal my body.  All I want is to be healthy.  While on this journey, I've also noticed that I'm becoming more and more attracted to bright colors!  

When I was little, I loved the color pink, hot or cool.  I also liked bright colors.  As I grew up in an abusive home, I rejected pink and those other colors (I was afraid of standing out and for being a girl) for blacks, dark reds and purples.  Colors that weren't bad by any means.  They were just as healing and made me feel safe.  Over my adult years, as I've found myself in dark mindsets and have done extensive Shadow Work and therapy, I noticed a pull to brighter colors like ice blue and orange.  Colors like light gray and soft pinks.  I didn't reject those colors, instead I slowly embraced them.  

I made a Pansexual Pride blanket a couple of years ago, and boy did I love the pink in it.  While crocheting with that pink, I often meditated on the feminine part of myself that I had hidden for so long due to childhood sexual abuse.  I was getting to know that part of me, gaining her trust, and allowing her to emerge.  

When my mom died in October, more of me has been coming out of hiding as I work on my Mother Wound.  More Inner Child fragments are emerging and I'm finding myself wanting to work more with bright happy colors.  When I found those patches in the yarn box, I was very excited to start on this project. 

With this project, I'm manifesting more self-love, allowing myself to be happy without waiting for some shoe to drop, and good health.  As I crochet, I chant a few things, including, "I deserve good, positive, overflow."  I think of Sunna and Baldur--Bright Deities of Joy.  I think of roots and being grounded.  I think of surrendering and opening myself to let those good things flow.  

Thank yall for the support!

- Priestess Oracle Kristy "Foxlyn Wren" Tackett


Comments