Skip to main content

Happy February!

 

Happy Midwinter, yall! This evening, with my family, we'll be honoring our family's Hearth and Home Entities, as well as some Winter ones, too.
  • Hestia - Greek Goddess of Hearth and Home. First and the Last. Fire Keeper. Key Bearer. I have been a Daughter since I was at least 8-years-old, and a Hearth Keeper since 2015.
  • Vesta - Roman Goddess of Hearth, Home, and City. The Living Flame. She's been in my life since I was a child, too. Sometimes you may see me hyphenate Their names, because sometimes They appear as one Goddess and sometimes two. I am one of Her Daughters and a Vestal.
  • Hekate - Titaness, Goddess, Key Bearer, Torch Bearer of Land, Sea, and Sky; of Witchcraft and Spirits; and yes, even a Hearth Deity. Kind of like the Celtic Brigid, Hekate governs over many areas. I am one Her Children, as well as a Torch Bearer and Priestess.
  • Frigg - Norse Goddess. Key Bearer. Wife of Odin, mother of Baldur. Practitioner of magik and prophecy; sees much, shares none.
  • Loki - Norse Jotun, Trickster, Shapeshifter God of Chaos, with many connections to fire, if you know where to look.

These old ones you can learn about for yourself if you'd like:
  • Cailleah - Will the Winter Hag need more firewood today? Or perhaps choose to sleep in and allow warmer weather to come sooner?
  • Hulda
  • Perchta
  • Skadi
  • Elen of the Ways
We also honor the Disir, Alfar, and Nature Spirits. And lastly the Others seen and unseen, known and unknown, with and without a shrine in our home. Kindreds and Spirits All, we honor you on this midway point between the first of winter and the first of spring!

I've saged my home and did my monthly cinnamon ritual.  I also appropriately finished this Hearth Spirit Flame today:

Hearth Spirit Plushies will be available on my Etsy soon!

Tonight my family and I will ask for blessings over certain tools--tools for good health, warmth, full bellies, abundance, and to keep our sanities.

This weekend, I'll be attending this Imbolc ritual on Sunday at 3pm via Zoom. If you're in the area, you can also attend in person. You don't have to be a Druid or an ADF member to attend:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1416456125955696

May your day, whatever it is called and whatever it means to you, be gentle and what you need.

Thank yall for the Likes, Follows, Shares, purchases, and support!

- Priestess Foxlyn Wren

Comments