Skip to main content

Drama Sells, It Always Has

Youtuber CinnamonToastKen on how bad drama-y clickbait content is getting lately.

Drama sells. It's nothing new. Be yourself, don't be a slave to the algorithms--which definitely drives this crap. Like many, I've been struggling against it for years, as a blogger and a business owner. People love drama more than happiness. Post about your happiness and get very little readers/watchers. Post about "some sh!T" and people flock to the drama--even if they don't know you. For my mental and physical health I choose to not drop to those low levels for some popularity and MAYBE new readers and customers (popularity doesn't equal more business). 

Do I wish I had more business and readers? Absolutely, but I'm not going to sell myself out to appease those drama addicts and the algorithms. Too much of that crap in the world. I used to be a drama addict and was a very unhappy, stressed, and a temperamental person--then I took a page out of the Greek Goddess Hestia's book--there ain't much written about Her because She focuses on what's really important--Her family and self. She doesn't involve Herself in drama--it costs Her some popularity, but overall I don't think She gives a crap. I try not to either, ain't worth my mental or physical health. 

Good video--sometimes folks just need to be made aware of this stuff, maybe it'll have an affect on more and more people, create some change. Stay strong, yall. Take breaks when you need and stay true to yourselves.

Thank you for the support,
- Priestess Foxlyn Wren

Comments