Skip to main content

Repurposing


A couple of years ago, I got this angel statue from my mom for the holidays. When our relationship took a turn due to her addictions, I ripped the halo off of this angel and put her away. Then I put the angel on my healing altar with no conscious intention, although I think subconsciously praying for my mom.

This year, my mom started making improvements to her life and we've both been working to mend our relationship. Today I took the angel off the healing altar, pried off the wings temporarily, looked up historic Norse dresses, and turned it into the Norse Goddess and Valkyrie of Healing, Eir.


I do still have the wings, which I'm painting copper. I plan on gluing magnets on the wings and Eir, because sometimes the Valkyries appear winged to me.

Yes, this is my Eir statue, goddess of medicine and a representation of healing between my mom and I. Mom, I love you, keep up the good work!

Thank you and hail, Eir!

Comments