Skip to main content

Full Moon Blessings, Yall

Whew this week has been rough on many people, myself included. Dealing with depression yuck. I hope it was easier on yall, though. I hope yall had necessary support and healthy coping methods. I am grateful for mine.
 
Did you know that your can charge, enchant, and have your hygiene products blessed and boosted? Yes, even the regular department store-bought stuff.
 
This morning, I got up and made a Laguz music list, comprise of soothing rain, stream, and whale songs. Laguz is the Elder Futhark rune of water and flow.  I got a big cup of hot water and added epsom salts to it, then I drew and sang three runes over the water. Laguz (lah-gooz), Kenaz (ken-ahz), Berkana (bear-kahn-nah). Water, Fire, Earth. Cleansing, Purification, Healing.
 
I also asked for additional blessing over this water from my Gods and Ancestors, asking Them to add anything else They feel that I needed.  No, you don't need to be any kind of clergy or a seasoned practitioner to ask for help or blessings from the Gods, Spirits, or Ancestors.  You only need to ask...and maybe give an offering if you feel it's necessary, but it's not always necessary, especially when you're in a bad headspace.

Hopped in the shower and spoke my intentions, for all of that energetic and mental yuck since my last cleansing to be washed down the drain. I repeated Laguz Kenaz Berkana several times. I poured the cup over my head. Laguz Kanaz Berkana. Laguz Kenaz Berkana. 9 times.
 
I called to the Gods and Ancestors to blessed our shampoo, body wash, facial wash, and even tooth paste for an extra boost of spiritual cleansing (if a regular stick can become a magikal wand, why not or tooth/hair brush, clippers, or washcloth?). Be the user adult or child. For the hygiene product to cleanse, purify, heal, revitalize, energize, soothe--to give the user whatever they need.
 
I washed. Repeating the runes, singing them 9 times. Visualizing that miasma, that spiritual and mental yuck to be washed and rinsed down the drain, to flow and be neutralized by the waters and used however it needs to be used for the next thing.

When I was done, I thanked the runes, the Gods of Hearth and Water and Healing and Mercy, and my Ancestors for Their aid in my healing shower.
 
If you've never tried it, why not today?

Be kind to others and gentle with yourselves.

----------------

For more on runes, I recommend:
  1. Paxson, Diana.  Taking Up the Runes.
  2. Mounfort, Paul Rhys.  Nordic Runes.
  3. Smith, Ryan.  The Way of Fire and Ice.

Comments